Monday, June 24, 2013

"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is by missing the train before." (G. K. Chesterton) (Entry 25, Day 10)

Monday, 3 June 2013; 5:18 PM; dining tent

Today was long and hard.  I got done early, as I mentioned, but it was still more uphill than I'd care to repeat.  Unfortunately, I'm going to have to do it again tomorrow, because tomorrow we'll be going over the two passes.

Miguel confirmed the theory about Dead Woman's Pass today: there is a certain spot where the rocks and mountains form the visage of a dead/ sleeping woman.  We saw Dead Woman's Boob today.  We're camping nearby it, too, I think. (I thought I took a picture of it, but I guess not.)

It was raining a bit as we came in, and it's been on and off since, and it's been cloudy since.  It's raining again, now.

We just had tea, and I spent some time talking to Miguel after, just me and him.  I told him a little bit about James, and he told me a bit about his girlfriend.  They've been together longer than we have (thats easy-ish, considering Miguel is older than me).

Now I'm just hanging out in the dining tent, because tea ended a while ago, but dinner starts at 6:30, so why move?  (unless I have to pee.  Then I'm going to go.  I might go to get my headlamp soon, though.)

Actually, I'm going to go now.  Will write later.

No comments:

Post a Comment