Saturday, June 15, 2013

"Adventure is worthwhile." (Amelia Earhart) (Entry 4, day 1)

Saturday, 25 May, 2013 10:02 PM, Lima time, Hotel

After much unnecessary confusion, we made it from the airport to the hotel in Lima.  Unfortunately, I seem to have a losing streak with suitcase handles - my suitcase here seems to have a disconnect on one side of the button that pops up the rolling handle, so I can't roll it properly.  The handle will go up, but only if I go into the bottom of my suitcase, take out all my clothes, and pop it up that way.  Since I don't want to have to do that in the middle of the airport every time I have to go through security, I'm just going to make use of the 4-wheel drive on the suitcase instead.

After we got to the hotel, we saw Aunt Suze, and ate. now I'm kind of tired and I want to go to bed, so goodnight.

p.s. I'm very glad that I brought both Paksenarrion and Anansi Boys. I'm over halfway done with the latter, and I would've despised the lack of reading material.


Author's Note: if any of you are wondering what the quotes are in the title, I shall tell you.  The journal I'm using (which was a gift from my former roommate), has quotes at the top of the page.  These quotes are placed every five pages.  I'm using those to mark how much I should write every day, and I'm posting the Quote of the Day in the title.

No comments:

Post a Comment