Saturday, June 15, 2013

"Adventure is worthwhile." (Amelia Earhart) (Entry 2, day 1)

Saturday, May 25, 2013; 10:10 AM EST; plane to Panama

Right, so the plane hasn't actually left yet, but I'm writing anyway, because I do what I want.

Anyhoo, we got we got up at 6:30 and made it to the airport with plenty of time to spare (despite Dad's predictions that we would be horribly late.  Okay, so he didn't predict THAT, exactly, but he was freaking out because we left the driveway at 7:40, not 7:30.)

Then we got through security, where I had to sign my passport (because I forgot when it was issued, since it was after Switzerland and that was the last time I actually needed to use my passport), and we made it to the gate quickly. I went to go get noms, because malaria meds need to be taken with food, and we hadn't eaten yet.  I went to Dunkin Donuts and got a muffin. (Does it make me a bad person to go to a Donut shop for a muffin?)  Also, for all of you RMC people who got coffee from the coffee place at the start of the year when they had Dunkin Donuts coffee - it's no the shop.  Dunkin Donuts coffee is just kind of sucky.

*later*

The safety video just played. It was all the standard stuff - don't smoke, fasten your seatbelt, put on your life vest, and don't be an idiot.  Also, something new: I don't think the life vests on the USA domestic flights have a little glowy thing that lights up when you inflate it.

Anyway, we're doing a layover in Panama before we're heading to Lima.  We should arrive in Lima at around 7:00.  There's no time change - we barely stay in the same time zone.  There will probably be a change to an hour forward when we go to the Amazon. (We're going to the rainforest, too!  I'm so excited!)

We're in the air now, so I'm going to peace out with the following quotes:

"we're sailing for adventure!" (Muppet Treasure Island)
"Up, up, and away, to the wild blue yonder." - Grandbud (my grandpa, a former airline pilot)
"I hafta pee." - me


Author's note: we actually lost an hour because of Daylight Saving's Time, but other than that, there was no time change.

No comments:

Post a Comment