Friday, June 28, 2013

"I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read on the train." (Oscar Wilde) (Entry 32, day 14)

Friday, June 7, 2013; hotel, Lima; 9:06 PM

My apologies for not writing again yesterday - I've gotten to the point where my sleep schedule says that 10:00 PM is WAY too late to be up (it's also said that 5:30-6:00 AM is a reasonable time to wake up, so that's why).

Yesterday afternoon, after a train ride where we got snacks, we took a bus from Ollantetambo to Cuzco, where we bade farewell to Miguel and Mark and Maggie.  Lesley, Mom, and I had a late dinner at the cafe we ate at before the trek.  I did not have a milkshake.  (I forget if I wrote about this earlier, but I had a milkshake at the cafe and it gave me a stomachache because SUGAR AND SUGAR AND SUGAR AND MILK!).

This morning, I woke up feeling gross and low-blood-sugar-y, which persisted through the tour/ visit to the Alpaca factory (wool, not the animal).  There, I got a kilo of legit baby Alpaca wool (as opposed to the questionable content kilo I got in Pisac), so now I have enough wool to make at least 3 sweaters and a few hats.  (I got two skeins yesterday, too, so now I have a good 3-4 kilos of yarn that I may run out of ideas for).

After that, we went to the airport and flew to Lima.  I dozed off most of the time, because I still felt kind of gross, despite having had food and stuff.

Right, we're walking Lesley out to the airport.  Brb.

No comments:

Post a Comment