Saturday, June 15, 2013

"Adventure is worthwhile." (Amelia Earhart) (Entry 3, day 1)

Saturday, May 25th, 2013; 2:42 local time; Panama airport

Right, the flight we just exited was extremely uneventful. The only thing that happened was that I was slightly dehydrated and eating plane food. As such, I didn't feel too brilliant for a little while, but I had some water and now I'm fine.

Once we left the plane, there was some mix-up about what time zone we were in. It all got sorted out when I pulled out my phone, but then it got messed up again. Then, it got sorted for real when we looked at a gate monitor and saw "hora local" ("local time").  In short, we have more time than my watch might suggest.  My phone has sorted out its issues.

Once we got to the gate, we decided to find a bathroom, since we knew where to go for the gate.  On the way back, I noticed that one of the monitors that says the departures said that flight to Lima was out of gate 20, which is not gate 33 (which is what our tickets said).  After a bit of exploring, I explained this to my mother, and we went over to gate 20, which is, indeed, were we should be.

I hope we can actually depart.  The weather in Panama?  Rainy.  It's not horribly wet, and no thunder/ lightning yet, but it's always a possibility.

Being in a Spanish-dominant country has triggered the memory of what little Spanish I recall.  You estudia por tres años en cuatro años pasado. It's also triggering a bit of language confusion between Greek and Spanish (but not much because I had Spanish pounded into my head for a longer time at a more impressionable age than Greek).

I haven't taken any photos yet, because there's little that's interesting about airports.  This particular one is more first-world geared, so it's the same sort of stuff you'd see in the US - even American ads, etc. (Does the US still have political influence here?)

I have also just determined that I am glad Mother made me photograph the immunization for Yellow Fever - I forgot to bring the piece of paper that says that I got it, but I have it on my phone.  The photo, I mean.

Right, we'll probably be boarding sooner than the time when I can think of anything else to say.  Will write tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment