Wednesday, June 19, 2013

"A journal of a thousand miles begins with a single step." (Confucius) (Entry 13, Day 5)

Wednesday, 29 May, 2013; 5:30 AM; our room, Refugio

I just had a weird dream.  I visited Chicago, and an enormous storm came.  I got off of the 53rd level of our hotel and down to the ground floor.  I saw my boyfriend there, and his twin sister.  The streets started flooding, and suddenly I found myself in one of the boats people were using to move places (who goes places during a storm when the streets flood?).  I realized that I had given birth and was breastfeeding a baby boy named Henry.  WHEN DID I EVER LIKE THE NAME HENRY?

I told my boyfriend, then I told my mom, then I left with her to go to the zoo.  My boyfriend went to get a tattoo (which is odd, because he's not the sort of person to get tattoos) (also, we haven't chosen baby names because WE DON'T NEED TO) (also, Henry looked like neither of us - black hair and black eyes and tan-ish, unlike us with our pale European looks).

At the zoo, we met an elephant.  i don't know if he had a name.  They said we could ride him.  Mom freaked out more about my enthusiasm for this than she did when she found out that I had a son (aka A LOT for the elephant and NOT AT ALL for the baby).

We went back to the elephant's tent - a red and yellow affair with sand as the floor - and met the elephant.  It was an eager young elephant who shook my hand with its trunk and gave me a confused look about my mom.  Not knowing what else to do, I introduced them to each other.

I was going to see more; then Mom woke me up with her headlamp on the mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment