Monday, November 5, 2012

NaNo Day Five: Back from Tour Behind

Current Page: 21
Target Page: 30
Pages Today: .5
Pages Left: 9
Location in Story: unprecedented argument between crown prince and villain, in an attempt to discern why, exactly, the villain doesn't like half-elves.  Apparently, he doesn't know, either, because he's not saying anything.

Got back from choir tour last night with a shot voice and reasonable word count.  I was on track to finish the month at 50,000, not 60,000 as I had originally intended, but it was good enough.
Today, however, I have 3,000 words to write, and for the first time, I'm not ahead of everybody else.  This is rather unprecedented, and I'm not sure I like it that much.  The competition is going to help some, but not getting my East Asia chapter outline until an hour ago (it's due tomorrow) does not help at all.  Nor does my vague restlessness or general sense of being unable to settle.  Can't go to the gym, either - have to go to 'desserts with the president of the school' later, which means I need to go and eat and be productive and look nice and stuff before that.  Grr.
Maybe I'll go now, and walk laps and read about China since 1945 or something.  I look like a total weirdo, but whatever.  I'm weird anyway.

Anyway, to the point of the blog: writing.

So far, the writing has been going... okay.  As I've said, I'm behind on my word count, which is surprising for me, but this is also college and I have also been on choir tour for four days and didn't have a lot of time to settle into writing.  I don't predict I'll be able to settle down into anything until late night for at least this week, but after that things should clear up.  I HOPE they'll clear up, anyway.
But plot-wise, I've changed a bit.  Melody shows more potential than I initially thought she would, and Storm is less aggressive (well, I also haven't given her anyone to fight yet, but I have given her a non-dungeon way into the city).  I've also made the prince an actual character, but he may just vanish until the end.  Except for a scene or two somewhere.
Doing NaNo in college is going to be a lot harder than doing it in high school.  I know that for certain.

No comments:

Post a Comment