Wednesday, October 31, 2012

stress!

first of all, as I said I would do for our sign:

I know it's not exactly what I said I'd do for it, but it's something.  Huzzah!

Now onto the important stuff: I'm writing NaNo, and I've realized that the plots that my friends have come up with are a lot better than my plot.  Maybe it's because my backstory is more coherent than my actual plot, and has to be explained in more words (DEATH!  REGRET!  DESPAIR!  PARANOIA!), but still.  Tonight we're having a final plotting session and, with luck, I'm actually going to figure out what the heck I'm writing about.  Well, I KNOW what I'm writing about, but I don't know.  I know Storm and Eden and Melody are going to trump Jericho, who has lots of psychological issues and is trumped similarly to the biblical Jericho, except not actually because I have no idea how to do that.  But I need PLOT POINTS.  What drives the plot forward?  What actually happens to get Storm to Eden and Mel, and to get all three of them to the palace, and through a bunch of traps, a dungeon, and a whole lot else?
I don't know yet.
AAAAAHHHH!!!

Welcome, my friends, to the Writer's Process.

No comments:

Post a Comment