Friday, October 19, 2012

Doubts and Adventures

As NaNoWriMo draws closer, I have found myself giving thought to a lot of things.  Many of them are related to the actual writing of a novel; after all, you kind of need to have a general idea of what you want to do (or at least an idea of who's going to be in your novel) before you start, unless your name is Chris Baty.  But some of them are related to whether I'm actually going to be able to actually pull off NaNo this year.  Though I really want to, I have recently been struck by the realization that I need to do homework, and I need to keep my grades up so I can not flunk out of college.
Though I have a lot of homework, and I am going to be on choir tour for the first three days of NaNo, and I'm probably going to be stressed out until Thanksgiving break, I still want to try to do NaNo.  I really do.  I've started plotting and working on my characters and what I want to happen.
If I fail, nobody can say I didn't try, and I can have a new bit of fiction to work on during December.  Besides, what else am I going to do during the three week winter break?

Maybe I need to pull a BIlbo.  I'm scared, and I'm rushed into this, and I'm unsure if I want to actually do this, but I'm going to get sucked into it anyway and I'm going to go through with it.
For better or for worse.
And catchup is what December is for.
Now, I need to get in the habit of giving myself time to write during the week, and not just on the weekends.  And I need to make sure that can be a thing.
And I need to make sure I can suck all my friends into doing NaNoWriMo this year, too.


Dear Readers, what Wild and Weird adventures have you dragged yourselves into?

No comments:

Post a Comment