Sunday, November 11, 2012

Day 10: where it's not Day 11 until I say it is

Yes, I know I'm posting at around 1:00 in the morning on a Saturday night... this is because, surprisingly, I actually have a life on weekends now.  Go figure!

Anyway, stats:

Start Page: 41
End Page: 48
TARGET ACHIEVED!
Plot Point: the paladin got possessed by a demon, and now (after the expulsion of said demon), they are all arguing about the ethics of trap-laying for poor, defenseless rabbits who do not know what is coming.  The paladin is arguing that traps are completely unethical and should be done away with at once; the bard, frankly, is glad for the food, because she barely ate the day previously; the rogue/ fighter is the one doing the hunting, so she's just using what she has deduced as the most effective trap in order to get what she needs to get to.

I guess a good way to get your characters' opinions out is to get them to talk to each other.  Storm and Melody talk to each other, with some civility.  Melody and Eden talk to each other, with Eden being the pushier of the two in the conversation.  Eden and Storm talk to each other with civility increasingly absent from the proceedings.  See?  OPINIONS FORMED THROUGH OBSERVATION.

Like my opinion formed through this observation: I have observed that I am tired, and I would like to get some rest, because the last two times I stayed up until 1:00 and actually had to wake up the next day, it did not end well, because both times were for class (well, I mean, the first time was when I was finishing a novel, so I feel justified, but I still did not have fun being tired all day and not being able to take a nap because I had to do homework.  I don't remember what the reason was for staying up until 1:00 on a weeknight was, but I remember I did not like it).

No comments:

Post a Comment