Tuesday, November 6, 2012

NaNoWriMo Day 6: Behind :P

I seem to be doing a lot of my writing after 9:30...

anyhoo:

start page: 25
Current page: 26
Target Page: 36 (that'll put me at 13000-ish, because I like trying to be ahead)
Pages done today: 1
Pages to Write: 10
Location in Plot: Storm has beaten up some Robin-Hood type thieves and she and Mel are going to some ruin place to do stuff.  They might meet Eden there.

Maybe the reason I've been so behind on my personal word count goals is because I usually try to write in the evenings, and the evenings are when I am most liable to procrastinate.  Of course, my roommate and all of my Wrimo friends are closely monitoring the polls in a different dorm, so I've got the room to myself, which is a perfect environment for writing and finishing up homework... and going on Facebook and blogging.
I need to work on that.

Of our friends, I'm currently ranked third out of nine, and, being slightly competitive as I am, I want to bring my word count up PRONTO.  At least the competition is motivating me to actually write.  I don't think I would want to push myself to write every night if I didn't have the shame of not doing well at NaNo and being an English major weighing over my head.

But anyway, I'm off to write. Farewell.

No comments:

Post a Comment