Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Day 7: when the going gets tough, the tough give history lessons

Start Page: 29
Current Page: 32
Target Page: 36 (but, honestly, I'm not going to get to page 36 today, even if I sprint for half an hour)
Pages Between: 4
Location in Plot: I don't even know. I'm sending them to Old Genesis, because that's what they're calling it, because it's the ruins of the city that used to be Genesis before Genesis moved because of some catastrophe that I have yet to come up with.  I have no idea how this relates to the idea of "trumping Jericho," but right now, I just wanted to send them to a ruined city, so I did.  I'm the author.  I do what I want.

Anyhow, I guess today's lesson, kids, is to be willing to fly by the seat of your pants, because sometimes it's crazy fun to do it and can result in something kind of cool, even if it's really confusing and has no apparent connection to the overall goal of what you're trying to do.
I'm still waiting for the 'fun and will be relevant in the future' part of it.
I'll wake up and do it tomorrow morning before East Asia.
I still can't believe my friend is 2,000 words ahead of me.
Actually, I can.  I should be where she is right now.  I'm ahead of the NaNo suggested word count, but that by no means says I'm on track for where I want me to be.  I need a free Saturday or something, except free Saturdays are not a thing.  They're for sleeping and doing laundry and homework (yes, I'm weird, I do homework on Saturdays.  When else am I going to do anything worthwhile academically?  I'd get nothing done otherwise).
Anyway, I need sleep.  I'm determined to catch up to her.  This needs to happen, if only for my own peace of mind.  Right now, I'm kind of in panic mode because I feel like I'm failing at NaNoWriMo.  It is only partly to do with my friend's word count.  She's at 14,770.  I'm at 12,000.  I normally write 2,000 words a day, which means she is farther ahead of me than I would like, and I am not okay with this.  I am not okay with it at all.
Time to re-work how I write and when I do my homework.
But not right now. I'm too tired right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment