Friday, November 16, 2012

Day 16: Over the hump

Well, for better or for worse, it is November 16th, which means we are now slightly more than halfway through NaNoWriMo.  I still need to write today, but, according to my calculations, I need to write around 8 pages (around 3000 words) per day if I want to get to my desired word count goal of 60,000 words.  I do not know if I can pull this off, but I can try.  I nearly did it my first year - I overestimated how many words I could fit on a page, so I set myself the task of doing eight pages a day every day.  I should catch up, if I actually set time aside for myself to do it.
But there comes the issue of whether or not I have enough Plot to reach 60,000 words.  I hope I do; I hope, at least, I can hit 50,000 words.  But my three main characters are about to enter the city of Genesis again, wherein all hell is going to break loose (metaphorically.  That actually happens later.  Maybe.), and then the showdown is going to happen.
I may, to pad my word count, send Storm through the Hero's Journey.  There happens several things after the Showdown during the Hero's Journey, so that can help a lot if I need more words.  If you want to check out the steps of the Hero's Journey, I found a good link here.
If I had to point out where Storm was right now, she'd probably be somewhere in the Road of Trials and Atonement with the Father.  I don't know whether to include the Meeting with the Goddess or the Woman as a Temptress - I don't know whether they are going to be actually relevant to Storm.  Maybe they will.  Maybe they will not.

I guess Storm needs to have more inner turmoil or something.

Will work on that.

Farewell.

No comments:

Post a Comment