Friday, November 1, 2013

Day 1: Doing... well?

First NaNo post! WOOHOO!

Today's stats:

Current Page: 11
Target Page: 8
Progress: AHEAD OF THE GAME!!! WOOHOO!
Current Location: well, Myrtle's going to start writing soon.  I've already introduced the Players, and things have been... interesting among them.  The love interest is a complete jerk, and the best friend got his tongue temporarily removed for bad language by The Voice, an entity that just tells the Players where they are and what they're doing there.  So far, only one person is pleased to be there, and she's turning out to be peppier than I thought - that is, if I were to include her at all (she is the Villain's Cunning Assistant).  The mentor is a cranky old guy who just wants to get his last tale done and then get out of purgatory altogether, and the villain is someone who is actually kind of friendly.  The heroine is rather nervous (perhaps because nobody properly explained to her what's going on), and she's just trying not to get yelled at by the love interest.
In Myrtle's timeline, it turns out (not surprisingly, because I kind of hoped he'd turn out this way) that her advisor (she's in college) is sorta kinda sexist, but not in a WOMEN SHOULD STAY AT HOME AND I AM ANNOUNCING THIS FACT way - in a way of ARE YOU SURE THIS NAIVE GIRL IS THE ONE TO BE DRIVING A SPACESHIP AND STARTING A REVOLUTION?

I still haven't decided whether I'm going to include bits of Myrtle's novel (I haven't even plotted what that would be, but I'm not sure I need to), but I'm not quite at the point where I have to decide that yet.  I may have to do that tomorrow, or later tonight.

In other news, I'm going to the gym now.

No comments:

Post a Comment