Saturday, November 23, 2013

Day 23: I haven't posted all week because reasons

Current Page: 112
Target Page: Let's just not
Place in story: shit, shit, more shit, and then a giant ball of poop.

Yeah.  That's basically what Spencer has gotten herself into now.  Every idea she has, the Empire foils it (SHUT UP ABOUT THE CLICHE NAME FOR THE EVIL PEOPLE).  Anyway, this has been a really slow week in terms of writing, so right now I'm just trying to write.  Not necessarily, like, the 10 daily necessary pages, but words.  I just hit 30,000 today - I'm at about 30,250 right now.  I'm probably not going to hit 50,000, but I'm going to work on it.  I'm going to at least try to get close.

Anyway, in other news, this week has been rather stressful.  On Monday, my roommate and I got called in to Res Life because we apparently had bedbugs.  On Tuesday, we got treated for bedbugs; this treatment not only messed up our personal organizational systems (the bedbug guys had to move stuff to treat everything - including the inside of my trunk, apparently, where I keep the Confidential Things of Confidentiality), but it resulted in a few things going missing - most irritatingly, one of the dolls (in a set of two) that my host mom in Turkey gave me on my last night staying with them.

I missed classes yesterday to go to the Ring Ceremony/ Ball at my boyfriend's school (he goes to military school, so yes, my dress was super fancy; it was required for it to be floor-length and white).  That was a lot of fun (except for the heels and the half-tripping over my dress for most of the night), because the band was actually really good and played decent music.

We woke up at around 7 this morning in order to head out by 8:00 or so; I needed to get back by 12 to attend a choir concert (this counts as the final, basically; College policy is that if you miss the final, you fail the course, so it's better to show up and get a 0 than to not show up at all).  My parents came to that, which was really nice.  When we went out to coffee afterwards, we saw one of the alumni of my fraternity, Alpha Phi Omega.  (that's another thing that's been on my plate this week: This is The Week That Shall Not Be Spoken Of But Which Involves Lots Of Gifts That Everyone Makes.)  I didn't know him terribly well, but that was not an excuse not to get excited and hug.

Right, I have to do some more service now - candlelight vigil from midnight to 3 AM.  Farewell!

No comments:

Post a Comment