Sunday, November 3, 2013

Day 3: When my idea shifts

Current Page: 23
Target Page (counting the number shifts I did today): 23
Point In Story: well...

So I had a minor panic earlier today. Not necessarily about anything homework related (though you should not get me started on how much honors homework I have to do, and with Econ, at this point, I'm just hoping that my pretty graphs will be enough for a decent grade on the homework this week), but because it's day three and I'm already running out of character drama. Myrtle's world is very bland, and I didn't really know how to introduce drama to the Players without writing the Player novel. In other words, NOVELCEPTION! (as opposed to INCEPTION.)
I've done bits and pieces of Myrtle's Novel, and then done scenes where the Players react to what happen. I've only kept it to bits instead of really important scenes because I wanted to focus more on the Players and Myrtle, but now I'm realizing that Myrtle might not be as big a part of this as I thought she might be. Right now, a good chunk of the last few pages has been the introduction of Myrtle's novel - the actual writing of it.

This may turn into just writing the sci-fi novel, but I don't know. We'll see how this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment