Thursday, October 31, 2013

NaNoWriMo approaches!

Yes, tomorrow is National Novel Writing Month. I've tried to get hyped, and I kind of am. More than I was last year, anyway. (I was in slight panic mode last year). I don't really have a complete plot. I don't even have three-quarters of a plot. I'm not sure I even have time. But I have a world and a bunch of pens and a notebook that has already been decked out with NaNoWriMo stickers, and... really, what sort of Wrimo would I be if I didn't do NaNo this year? (don't answer that.)

Right, well, this is where the slight panic sets in. I'm not sure I can do it because of time. I keep telling myself that I can work on it - that I can work in the world I've set up for myself (mostly) and that the words will just come. It's happened before. But it hasn't happened in a while. I'm possibly less prepared than I was last year - at least I knew all the character names last year. This year, I keep mixing up Tobias with whatever I named my villain (Joshua? No, he was a protagonist last year.  Jericho?  No, he was last year's villain, and I don't recycle names. Oh right, his name is Jeremy. Damn you, J-names! Come to think of it, maybe I should change his name...); also, I can't keep my character sheets straight. For example, I can't find the definitive sheet that I have (I KNOW I WROTE ONE UP) that says the Players' names, strengths, and weaknesses. Gah!

Also, I tried to get into the NaNoWriMo spirit by putting a countdown on the whiteboard on the door of my room. Every day - sometimes multiple times a day - someone would come and erase the number. With 9 days to go, someone erased it and drew a penis.

So, this is my life right now. Will be back tomorrow to begin the hooliganry!

No comments:

Post a Comment