Friday, November 7, 2014

NaNoWriMo Day 7: attempting to get farther ahead for the weekend

Current Day: 7
Current Page: 42
Target Page: 45 (But, realistically, I'm probably going to hit maybe 44 if I'm lucky and stop blogging now).
Location in story: Eva is having weird dreams, the basic materials have been purchased, Jasper the Older Brother is an asshole, Clara The Older Sister is reasonable, and I actually need to have stuff happen now, because PLOT. This could happen through backstory, but it might not. I don't know.

Right now, my biggest issue is making sure my word count is good, because I'll be very busy this weekend. Tomorrow, I have to write a mandatory draft for a term paper and Sunday I have a day-long fraternity retreat. I don't know how much I will be able to write this weekend, so I'm going to stop blogging now and write.

Fun story from this evening, though.

I helped my friend collect donations for Relay for Life, because she's on one of the committees. A typical interaction, especially in the male-dominated dorms, often went like this:
Me: *knock knock*
Them: *Vaguely scrambles about and opens door half-dressed*
Me: Hello, do you have any spare change or dollars that you would like to donate to Relay for Life?
Them: um... no... sorry...

In one dorm, though, I must have accidentally woken someone up some people and a boyfriend. The boyfriend stepped from one of the lofted beds onto the dresser to open the door from a weird angle. When I looked surprised, he just said, "Sorry, I thought you were one of my friends." I'm not sure why he thought his friends would crash, but this was a freshman dorm and we all know that freshmen get up to a lot of weird things.

Right, to writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment