Wednesday, November 12, 2014

NaNoWriMo Day 12: Suddenly, a PLOT DEVIATION OCCURS!

Current Day: 12
Current Page: 64
Target Page: 70
Place in Story: Eva and Galen have gotten the center stone in place.  That's the most important stone to have in place.  The other stones that are supposed to make up the six corners of the icon are missing, probably stolen by Abducted Princesses of Days Gone By.  In the meantime, Eva found a weird box in a scene I might cut later.  (I NEED WORDS, OKAY).
So the plot deviation comes in the fact that the princesses stole the gems: I wasn't planning on that.  I want to keep it, because it gives Eva and Galen something to do that doesn't involve sitting and talking as Eva does some sort of mechanical labor.  I was running out of Character Building Conversations for them to have.  Also, I should have thought this through better when I decided to WRITE AN ENTIRE NOVEL WHERE THE MAIN ACTION WAS JUST TO BUILD A THING.  Seriously, that was kind of dumb.  There are only so many interrupting actions that can happen in the middle of building things, and I went with the one that I would think is most interesting (it's also the most convenient and the one that popped into my head first): that the valuable objects that are essential to the project got stolen by someone who isn't involved in any other way.   Of course, that means I have to figure out what their names are and when they stole the thing and which one they stole and why and how and where they are in the first place and who they ended up marrying.
You know, this might not be the most convenient answer to the NEED MORE WORDS problem.  Well, too late.  This is NaNoWriMo, and that means WORK WITH WHAT YOU WROTE.
Now, TO LAUNDRY AND WRITING!

No comments:

Post a Comment