Sunday, November 2, 2014

NaNoWriMo Day 2: THE DAY I GOT MY COMPUTER BACK (and also weird dreams)

Day: 2
Page: 15
Target Page: 14
Word Count: 4200-ish
Place in Story: ACCEPT THE CHALLENGE, EVA! DO IT! DO THE THING!

I've just realized a bit of a problem with my plot: Galen might not want to turn back into a human. So, as a solution, I'm going to make Eva very empathetic and do the building for everyone else in the castle. Seeing as she has only ever spoken to a hedgehog and a raven and a weird guy in a dream, she can't really say for sure if she's willing to build for Galen or willing to build for everyone else in the castle. So far, it's looking like she's going for everyone else in the castle, because there are ways for Galen to permanently be a dragon if he wants to.
I really need to improve Eva as a character. I haven't established her voice at all, and she has no real reason for staying aside from a willingness to help people. I need to have a stronger motive; willingness to help is usually secondary. But what should her motive be? This is what I must ponder tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment