Monday, November 3, 2014

NaNoWriMo Day 3: BEHIND ALREADY??!!??

Current Day: 3
Target Page: 21
Current Page: 17
Current Approximate Word Count: 5000-ish words
Place in Story: Galen and Eva are about to meet properly for the first time.

So, technically, I'm not behind on the word count.  According to the NaNoWriMo Official Word Count Calculator, I am right on track.  According to the Wild Card Personal Not Falling Behind Standards, I am WAY behind.  Okay, not WAY behind, but significantly enough behind on my target of 2100 words a day that I'll need to stay up tonight, probably.  The trouble is, I know exactly where I fell behind - I can tell precisely where I had an hour or two here or there and I did not use it for writing.  I really wish I was not at the point of falling behind already, but I hope I can recover from it.
I know that many of my friends are a lot farther behind than me - quite a number of them are around 0, according to their reports.  I cannot afford that if I want to win.  I also cannot afford to keep up with this word count procrastination, but I also need to sleep.  This is a lot of internal debate.
For now, back to trying to pad my word count.

No comments:

Post a Comment