Thursday, August 21, 2014

Shopping Experiences

I had an interesting school supply shopping experience yesterday.
Okay, I wasn't only looking for notebooks. I was also looking for ingredients for soup and an umbrella (I was not looking for these in the same store, mind. I was looking for the umbrella in the same store that I was looking for school supplies, because it was RAINY and I've known that same exact chain to put out umbrellas when it's rainy).
So I got my ingredients. I went to get school supplies. I found the notebooks and pencils easily enough. I went all over the store looking for an umbrella. Were they by the lawn chairs - perhaps to shade the pale vampires from too much sun? Nope. Were they by the school supplies sale aisle? Despite the fact that there were lunchboxes and mascara wands in that same aisle, there was nothing with which to keep your perfect eyelashes dry.
I eventually gave up and went to the counter to actually purchase the notebooks and pencils. Classes start soon; I need this stuff.
As I was leaving, I glanced to my left. There were the umbrellas, tucked away unobtrusively in a corner of the MAKEUP AREA. On a RAINY DAY.
I was unaware that umbrellas were supposed to make my face prettier. I'll keep that in mind the next time I try to purchase an umbrella.

No comments:

Post a Comment