Monday, June 30, 2014

On Linguistics

I'm pretty sure I'm one of the nerdier people on campus, especially when it comes to language. How many other people taught themselves a bit of Sindarin when they were in high school? How many people even know what Sindarin is?
(Spoiler alert: it's a language created by J.R.R. Tolkien for Middle Earth. Like, an actual synthetic language with specific phonemes and noun and verb endings and irregular verbs).
I have decided, therefore, that I should go into language of some sort. I don't know how. I don't know what. I don't know why. (That's a lie. The 'why' is that it's fascinating!) This could be just the euphoria that comes with a six-week course in something you're interested in, or it could be actually something lasting, but I'm pretty sure this is SUPER DUPER COOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment