Thursday, July 3, 2014

On Rolled Ankles

I've noticed something.  I have rolled my ankle three times since I was fourteen. Two of those times, it has been just before some event that would majorly test my endurance and athletic capability.
The first time, when I was fourteen, I over-corrected after a jump kick in Tae Kwon Do. A week and a half later, I took my first black belt test, where I had to break boards... with jump kicks. That was the worst time.
The second time, I was trying to train for a trip to Switzerland. I went for a run and... yeah.  Anyway, that time we went on a sunrise hike up a mountain. I'd had time to heal and walk on it by that point, but it was still frustrating.
The third time was this morning. The conclusion I have come to in this instance is that the action of "talking to a classmate while wearing flats and walking down steps" is not a wise one. Given my track record, I'm also expecting that I'll have to do some major athletic accomplishment this weekend - something on the order of mountain climbing or black belts. Maybe I should try and survive in DC during the 4th! (Actually, I don't want to do that. Touring the US Capital on the 4th isn't so much a life accomplishment as it is a test of one's patience for lines and tolerance for humidity).

Well, I will definitely be posting about the long-awaited review of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy tomorrow. Post then!

No comments:

Post a Comment