Friday, March 21, 2014

On Spring Break

While most college students have returned to school this week, I go to a school with a January-Term and a break after, so I'm leaving in the morning.  HUZZAH!

Well, not really. Since I'm pretty much the only one from my hometown who has break this week (that I know of and who I am also willing to hang out with), it will be a week mostly of dealing with a lot of reading and writing.  For homework.  (Not for pleasure, unfortunately).  Also, internships. The stereotype, of course, is that a group of my college friends who live near me would gather and go party at the beach, but that's probably not going to happen either - if we do hang out, we'll be going downtown for a day or so because we're nerds and there's a lot of museums in our area.

Maybe that should be my spring break goal... go to a museum every day...

But, alas, HOMEWORK! GAH!

In reality, my college spring break, at least this year, is going to be fueled by getting stuff done - catching up on studying, practicing for choir tour, sending a few forms to various places, getting a haircut and stuff.  So, in other words, attempting to be a responsible adult.  It sounds horribly dull, I know.  Maybe I should try and blog every day to make it more interesting.

There is also another thing that I might be doing in April: Camp NaNoWriMo. I haven't decided whether I want to do it yet - so far, my attempts to write novels during college have wound up falling flat, by a lot. Maybe I should do Camp Finish The Novel You Started Three Years Ago Because You're Still Only Halfway Done. Or Camp Finish Writing The Story You've Been Working On For Five Years But Don't Want To Stop Because The Character Means A Lot And You Want To Bring Closure To The Story.

Intrepid readers, what camp of your own invention would you attend? Right now, I'm attending Camp Allergy, and I'm not having a very good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment