Friday, March 14, 2014

In an airport

Well, here I am, sitting in an airport, waiting for a flight to Florida for my cousin's wedding. This is my first time flying alone, so this has been kind of an adventure - if only for the fact that the route from school to the airport - a new way for both my ride and myself - was full of the perils of going on a left exit and then a right exit.

I think the part I was most nervous about was security. Not for any major reason - well, maybe because I hardly look like the photo on my driver's license anymore, so they might have gotten suspicious. That's not the reason I was a little nervous - it was because I was unsure how I would explain my knitting.
Most of the time I don't get nervous about taking my knitting on planes anymore - security issues with needles have been relaxed in recent years. But I'm not familiar with this airport, and I'm not sure how strict they'd be. If they pulled out my knitting, what would I say?
"What is this?"
"… my math homework…"
"How is this mathematical?"
"… um… it's a 3-D representation of a concept in non-Euclidian geometry?"

I feel like that answer would either merit me leaving or more security getting called. Or my math homework getting confiscated. Or me possibly missing my flight as I bungle an explanation on what non-Euclidian geometry is and why I am knitting it.

Anyway, boarding is soon, so I'm out. Farewell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment