Tuesday, April 9, 2013

the final hours

Well, my birthday is tomorrow, and I don't know how I feel about it.

When I was a kid, I was super excited for birthdays.  I would refer to myself as 'eight' in my head when I still had a week left of being seven.  As I got older, the process slowed down, and eventually reversed a bit - it took me a while to start saying I was eighteen, not seventeen (I think this was partially because I had expected a lot out of my seventeenth year; after all, seventeen, thirteen, and fifteen are three major ages for main characters in YA novels).  And now that I'm soon going to be another year older and another year wiser, I don't know what to do.  THIS IS WEIRD.  SOMEBODY HELP.

The big things that have happened this past year have included:

  1. knitting a prom dress
  2. graduating from high school
  3. getting a job
  4. hiking Philmont Scout Ranch (yes, females can do that! SCORE!)
  5. going to college
  6. meeting a crap-ton of awesome people
  7. staying up past 2:00 AM
  8. staying up past 2:00 multiple times
  9. finished writing a novel! (at 12:17 AM)
  10. getting into Doctor Who, Stargate, and a bunch of other things that have made me even more of a nerd (not that I really mind).
In all, it's been a really good year. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment