Sunday, April 28, 2013

Confessions and Writing

All right, confession time:
I haven't edited almost any of NaNo2011 this month.  To be honest, this isn't a huge surprise - this is something that needs to be done, sure, but let's face it, I'm a college student with a significant other and a laptop that has an Internet connection.  In my spare hours, I'm probably going to be texting said significant other or dawdling around random Internet sites.  (Well, actually, there's an App store for Macs, and I've downloaded a free game from there that gives you around two dozen different types of card games, so that's what I've been killing time with).

Unfortunately, finals week is going to be speeding over the horizon very soon, and I need to have my stance ready to... do whatever I need to do to flip it over and... do something.  What's a good metaphor for defeating Finals Week?  I don't even know.

Anyway, whilst I am trying to figure out my metaphors (can you tell I haven't done much creative writing lately?), I also need to work out my school forms for next year so I can, you know, continue my education.  I need to make the Official List of Classes I Want to Take Next Semester (including the List of Classes to Sign Up For if I Don't Get My Top Picks and the name of a potential advisor) for my meeting with my advisor tomorrow (who will be on sabbatical next year), and then go to Rez Life with the person I want to room with next year to see if we actually have a room yet.  The hardest part, I think, is figuring out my advisor - it has to be in your major, not your minor, so I can't ask my drama professor to do it (I want to minor in drama).  I've only taken one English class this year, and the teacher, while nice, isn't very organized.  I don't know whether (or even if) I'm going to take on archaeology or classics, so I'm not sure whether I can ask my Greek professor to do it next semester.

The joys of being in college!  Not.

No comments:

Post a Comment