Thursday, April 18, 2013

Class Registration and Trash

The interesting thing about going to trash cleanups for service hours is that, if you do it enough, you start giving out arbitrary awards.  All you get is bragging rights until the next cleanup.  For our service fraternity, it's just Find The Most Interesting Piece of Trash.  I found a 21st birthday card that played epic music when you opened it to reveal an illustration of a bar.  (I have no idea why they didn't keep that, but whatever).  There are more interesting ones, though - apparently someone found used condoms and an aphrodisiac earlier this week.  Keep in mind that this is a highway cleanup that we do. WHO HAS SEX ON A HIGHWAY?
That would make an interesting story.

In other news, however, class registration is coming up.  Right now, I hope I'll be taking a science, a math, economics, and Greek next semester, which will be kind of annoying (that's what I get for loading up almost all of my arts and social credits this semester), but I have friends who can help if I need them to. The science is going to be interesting - I'm hoping for Astronomy 101, which goes into the Astrophysics minor (which means it's going to be actually challenging).  The annoying thing about it being a lab science is that it's got a lab component (duh), but the lab block seems to be in the time slot where everything interesting seems to go.  The same goes for Greek.  Apparently, all the fun courses want to be put on Wednesdays at 2:10 and MWF at 10:20.  I don't know how this is going to work out.

By the end of college, I will be master of the Scheduling Tetris.
Hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment