Monday, September 24, 2012

Endings

It's hard to say when I started to be a writer.  Was it in third grade, when I started trying to write a story that was a barely concealed fanfiction of Harry Potter?  Was it when I created one of my favorite characters to write, ever?  Was it when I began to take creative writing classes in high school?  Was it when I attempted my first novel?

Whenever it was, I have had a notorious lack of ability to finish anything.  Maybe it's because I don't like saying goodbye to the characters.  I've always had a bad history with saying 'goodbye' to stuff.  

Well, regardless of the reason why I could never finish anything, I've FINALLY gotten to the point where I'm about to reach the end of a novel I'm writing.
It's the novel I started last November for National Novel Writing Month.  It's kind of exciting, but also slightly terrifying, and I'm already thinking I want to change what just happened.  But enough of that now.  Right now, I need to finish it.
Actually, I need to finish my Intro to East Asia homework, and start some FYEC homework.
THEN I'll finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment