Wednesday, August 29, 2012

and the abyss has been crossed

Last night, I was facing the abyss.  Now, having crossed, it has proved easy.  The most difficult part was trying to get everything done with - getting a printer, and then getting stuff for it, and then getting my dad to stop making puns and get off my bed and out the door.  But now I'm here, and I'm really excited.  My roommate is really cool, and has a red trunk that has a whole bunch of duct tape strands on top - each length is a different colour, and most of them are patterned.  It's really cool.
She also way trumps me in the number of books taken here.  Initially my number was around two dozen, but that eventually shortened to four, plus two books of knitting stuff (one book of patterns, one book of "COOL STUFF THAT KNITTERS CAN KNOW!").  But she' brought maybe 8-10, which is impressive and I am jealous.  Very jealous.  To be fair, a lot of the books I brought are reaaaaaaally long (the entire Deed of Paksenarrion trilogy is 1024 pages long, and that's when it's in trade paperback so the type is TINY.  Also, I brought my brother's copy of Game of Thrones, and The Name of The Wind, and the not-reaaaaaaaaaally-long one is Anasazi Boys).  But still.
Anyhow, most of my stuff is up, and I'm excited for stuff to start happening.  Like, now.

Well, the cookout isn't for another two hours, so I have time to do stuff, like finish putting up the poster and the corkboard I brought, and doing other things of that nature.
Maybe I SHOULD do that.
Hmmmmmm.
It could, of course, be a more productive endeavor than other things I could be doing.
Maybe later.
Maybe I will, maybe I won't.  Either way, farewell.

No comments:

Post a Comment