Friday, October 31, 2014

On Fabulous hair

Okay, I've debated on whether or not to show my face here. I don't have photo editing software on my phone, so I'm not showing my face.
The point of today's post is the fact that today, because I put time and energy into looking a certain way (spiking up my hair and wearing satyr horns and makeup), I get a certain result (super spiked hair, a cord with satyr horns around my head, and attention on my eyes).
It would be nice to have great hair right out of bed, but let's be real here: my hair looks the way it does because of patience, eyeliner, and more hairspray than is wise to use on a daily basis. And let's be real, here: many people don't have time to do their makeup and hair gel and hairspray every single morning. I'm lucky if I get out of the shower on time. I think that's part of the draw of Halloween: for one day, get up early to do ALL THREE AND LOOK SUPER COOL. (Or, in my roommate's case, use "hair doughnuts" and a lot of bobby pins and go as Sansa Stark).

The thing is, I do the roll-out-of-bed maneuver when writing. I'm just trying to get through the story. Though I could make it so much better if I took it a bit slower, I haven't lived long enough to see the plain writing every day in order to know how to do the important writing. I should keep that in mind during the next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment