Thursday, October 23, 2014

Posting a Day Early

Well, here I am, posting on a Thursday instead of a Friday. I'm so daring, right? (Don't answer that.)
I have some time, so I'm posting now instead of tomorrow, because tomorrow I'd probably forget to do it, and that would be terrible. I should probably post tomorrow anyway. Just to make sure I actually post. Maybe. I don't know. I'm blathering right now.
Anyway, I'm posting today to give a little heads-up about THINGS GOING ON DURING NATIONAL NOVEL WRITING MONTH!! HUZZAH!!
Not much of consequence is supposed to be happening during NaNoWriMo this year.
Let me rephrase that: nothing much of consequence is intended to happen, outside of an attempt to write a novel during the month of November. I plan to win this year. I always plan to win, but it doesn't always work out. I'm hoping that, now that I've gotten the hang of college, I can actually win, but that remains to be seen.

I mentioned in an earlier post that I need to set some goals for myself to (hopefully) do better this year than I have in the past. These goals are the following:

  1. Write every day. It doesn't matter if I only write a page. It should probablybe more than a page. I'm dealing with all my knitting commissions before and after November for the sake of BEING ABLE TO WRITE EVERY DAY.
  2. Blog every day. Maybe even twice a day. I don't really know. At any rate, I intend to keep you readers updated on the progress of my novel while (hopefully) not providing any spoilers. We at WriterInCollege don't condone spoilers under any circumstances.
  3. Reach the end of the novel. This is not something that I've been able to do during NaNoWriMo before, but that's mostly because I'm terrible at containing stories to 50,000 words. The only novel I've actually finished is around 100,000 words and was finished a month before my next NaNoWriMo.
  4. Don't let Writing get in the way of Homework. I only say this because I hope to graduate on time and not fail anything. Contrary to popular belief, I am, in fact, in college for school.
  5. Actually take time to edit, once NaNo is done. This has been the other difficult thing in my novel-writing career. I write novels by hand, and I don't like taking the time to type them up and edit them. I should probably do that if I want to actually get anything published.
  6. Sleep. Sleep is important. I should do it. I should also write. But mostly sleep.

This is my list of Things I Need To Do During National Novel Writing Month. The next time I post, I should have an approximate National Novel Writing Month 2014 OFFICIAL PLAYLIST OF SONGS FOR THE PLOT. By November 1st, I should have my characters named, my plot built, and my motives in place.
Farewell until then.
To all the Wrimos out there, MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR.

No comments:

Post a Comment