Monday, October 20, 2014

Class Registration!

This week, I'm going to register for classes for spring semester. Something that I have become increasingly aware of is that I'm actually in the last half of my college career. In searching the website of Classes You Can Take, I've been writing down the various courses I might take to fill my requirements - and then I've been looking back at the course descriptions and putting a mark in my notes by the ones that say OFFERED ALTERNATE YEARS. These classes have a higher chance of making it into my roster next semester, simply because I won't be in school the next time they're offered. Two of the five classes I hope to take next semester fall under the two categories of "THIS COULD BE IMPORTANT IF YOU WANT TO GRADUATE" and "THIS WON'T BE OFFERED IN 2016, WHEN YOU MAY WANT TO TAKE THEM, SO IF YOU WANT THEM SIGN UP FOR THEM ON WEDNESDAY MORNING." These classes are Archaeological Methods (which counts for a lab science and possibly also on the Classics minor) and Communications 225 (Media Writing) (I KNOW I'm already taking News Writing, but Media Writing is for all media, so it's going to have a broader spectrum. Also, I should probably have another credit on my journalism minor while I can get one).
I still have to get cleared for class registration, though. My advisor might completely nix everything except the required courses for the English major. I could not get the Archaeology course, so I'd have to scramble to find another science course in order to graduate. I could fail a major course (I HOPE I DON'T FAIL), and I'd need to get some more English courses under my belt in order to graduate with a major on time. Hopefully I don't have to do that. I think I'll be able to do everything on time, simply because it's getting to the crunch time where I can't afford not to do everything right and on time while I still can. There's only a certain number of semesters left in college, and that means I need to get good grades. That also means I need to come to terms with my imminent graduation. Also, that I need to get a job after college, which means that I need to get an English-based internship or something in order to look good on my resume in order to GET a job after college.
You know, I should really stop now before I stress myself out too much. I'm off to go and do my homework reading and graduate on time. And by "On Time," I mean "In Three Semesters." Hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment