Monday, April 21, 2014

On Fun Stuff and also Lent

Sooo I went home over the weekend for Easter/ birthdays/ seeing family/ seeing boyfriend/ seeing Captain America 2. It was fun to go back and see my boyfriend and family again, even if it was only for a weekend.  Even though my birthday was almost two weeks ago, the celebration was on Saturday because that was when everyone was home anyway.  It's weird - I actually feel like I'm properly a year older now.  I kept referring to myself as my former age before that, but now I feel like I'm solidly in this age now.  I don't know why that is.

The other fun/ interesting/ whatever thing that I noticed this weekend is that I was finally able to complete a Lenten challenge for myself. I gave up flash games, and took on journaling every night, as well as reading a chapter of the Bible every night and to read the Lenten devotional booklet given out at the church I attend at school. This introduced me to my favorite prayer.  Normally I try to stay religion-neutral here, but I feel like this is a good message for a lot of people, regardless of faith status.

THE PRAYER OF SAINT FRANCIS
Lord, make me an instrument of Thy peace
where there is hatred, let me sow love,
where there is is injury, pardon,
where there is error, truth,
where there is doubt, faith,
where there is despair, hope,
where there is darkness, light,
and where there is sadness, joy.

Oh Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek
to be consoled as to console,
to be understood as to understand,
to be loved as to love,
for it is in giving that we receive,
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.


On that note, I'll write again on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment