Monday, September 2, 2013

"The world is all gates, all opportunities, strings of tension waiting to be struck." - Ralph Waldo Emerson (Entry 7, Day 2)

Monday, 12 August, 2013; 11:17 PM; Oriental Hostel

Right.

I think another think is that the merchants here aren't as loud as those in Cusco.  At the same time, they don't need to be - at least, not on a night like this.  Maybe because nobody's back from Ramadan.  Maybe because tourism isn't the #1 industry in Istanbul.  Maybe nobody in the Super Cusco-Loud Crowd is in this neighborhood, or in this city.  Maybe it's a cultural sort of thing.

Okay, forget a little bit of what I said about the hooligans not being on this street.  I forgot that the hostel is attached to a bar.  The guys coming up now aren't loud, but they're audible, which is distracting.  I took my meds before I set my watch forward, so I took them way later than I'm supposed to, so I'll have a lot of energy.

Okay, forget what I said about the barfolk not being obnoxiously loud.  They're louder than the last lot that came up.

Guess who might not sleep well tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment