Monday, September 2, 2013

"Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey." - Babs Hoffman (Entry 4, Day 1/ 2)

Later, 12:54 AM

Well... the cheesecake was good. I'm pretty sure that's the best that can be said about plane food attempts beyond cookies/ pretzels/ peanuts - that the cheesecake is good, and that the cherry juice has an interesting flavor. It's definitely cherry-flavored, but it's cherry in the way grape juice is grape. You can definitely tell that it's grape, but it tastes a little bit different from the actual fruit itself.

Currently, Mother is watching (rather, zoning out from) a program on wildlife, it seems, that somehow involves epic mountain vistas and also baby ducklings. I don't know whether or not she's actually awake - she has the face mask on that they  give you on long flights like this, and she has the blanket and the pillow too, but she also said "bless you" when I sneezed at the beginning of writing this paragraph. She may be playing the whole game of "Maybe if I cover my eyes and make it look like I'm sleeping, these hooligans will leave me alone." oN the other hand, it's after 1:00 AM now. She could be legitimately zoning out and trying to go to bed. I might try the same - no, I will try the same - once the tray is gone and the table can go up again.

But that shan't happen quite yet - right now they're coming around with after-dinner tea/ coffee/ etc, and also dried apricots in packages.

Man, for one flight from the US every day, the airline must go through a lot of waste. they have a dinner AND breakfast shift (though one would assume that people may try to eat before, but someone might have a connecting flight without food.  You never know.)

Anyway, I've written enough, it seems, and Mom has sacrificed her cheesecake, so I'm stopping for now. Will write upon arrival at hostel/ end of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment