Monday, September 2, 2013

"Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey." - Babs Hoffman (Entry 3, Day 1/ 2)

Monday, 12 August, 2013; 12:18 AM Eastern Time; plane

Okay, I admit, I didn't check up on a lot of history in the guidebook. To be fair, the guidebook is for current, not past, things to do.

Anyway, we've been on the plane for about an hour, and it's pretty standard, as planes go.  It's one of those planes that have eight seats across (four in the middle and two on each side), which I haven't been in too often, at least that I remember. I know we had a plane seated like this to Switzerland, but I don't remember any other time.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've seen seats on a plane that are sea foam green. This is also one of the only flights I've been on that hasn't been completely freezing. I might just not notice it because I have a jacket on, but the last overnight flight I've done - the one to Switzerland - I was curling up in a ball under/ into my tie-dye sweatshirt and with maybe a blanket, but I still couldn't get to a decent temperature. I also couldn't get a proper level of comfort or leg room, period. (it might have been because the person sitting in front of me had leaned their seat back ALL THE WAY, which leads to crampiness). (A/N: also, planes.)

Also, the staff is ocming around with dinner. As stated in the Peru entries, I'm not sure how much of it I actually want to eat - it's all processed, packaged, and reheated, and also probably more man-made than chicken- or cod-based (those were the options).

No comments:

Post a Comment