Sunday, April 3, 2016

TUTORIAL: how to work in costume

I may have mentioned before, but my main way of earning money at the moment is by working in costume as a ghost tour guide. I dress like someone from the 18th century (minus the stays/ corset, because those are expensive and I don't want that in my life), so I figured I'd show you how to dress like a woman from the time period.

step one: find a bathroom and use it.

because apparently women didn't pee in the 18th century.

step two: get your 21st century clothes off

apparently women couldn't wear pants in the 18th century, either..

step three: actually get your costume on.

chemise, then pockets, then petticoat, then pin the jacket, then apron, then bonnet, then modesty piece if you have it, then cloak if you need it, then shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment