Monday, January 25, 2016

What Am I Doing in Jterm?

So this January term, I didn't move back into my dorm. Instead, I stayed home, boarded the Metro on Monday morning, the 4th, and went to an INTERNSHIP! I'm working at a museum and it's been very interesting thus far. Like, genuinely interesting.
It's also been giving me research frustration, because there are only so many ways you can put your search terms into JSTOR before you start seeing the same things that you KNOW aren't what you're looking for. But that's what in-house libraries are for, right?
It's been an interesting month, for sure. I've learned a LOT of history things (I expected that, but still). The most frustrating thing so far is the number of snow days that have made me work from home. The city owns the museum, so we have to do what the city does. Since the city has been closed today and was closed on Friday, we've been closed too. I'm running out of things to do that are work-related. It's frustrating.
I'm hoping that the city is open tomorrow, just so I can actually DO something. My bus isn't running tomorrow, but the Metro is. I'm just hoping I have somewhere to go. It's irritating to have too many days off.
It's been a really cool month for sure, though. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment