Monday, February 16, 2015

On Snow Days

Tomorrow is a snow day at my school. While I love snow days, sometimes they irk me.
I have come to subscribe to the notion that doing all your homework the day before a snow day will increase the chances of getting the day off, or at least a delay. While this frees up time the next day to do productive things (laundry, more homework, go to the gym, editing intern applications), it also allows time for less productive things (frolic, sleep in, don't go to the gym, spend all day playing iPhone games instead of doing homework).
If it were later in the semester - if, perhaps, the snow day were next week - I would be more in a rhythm of doing smart things. I would have already translated today, and some archaeology reading would be done. I would reserve most of tomorrow for the intern applications and a few hours of Greek; instead, tomorrow is ALL OF THE HOMEWORK! (Okay, not ALL the homework. But maybe more than I should).
All of this is to say that I need to do some Greek before I regret not doing it in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment