Monday, February 2, 2015

Being Home

It's always interesting to come home for Jterm break. Everyone's already left for spring semester, so there is nobody to provide distraction as I write way too much and knit ALL THE THINGS.
To be perfectly honest, the lack of people my age is the least of my worries when I'm home for Jterm break. The bigger worries involve internships. It's nice to have a lot of time to look through internship websites and not have to worry about getting any homework done on top of it. At the same time, looking for somewhere to work is the last thing I want to be doing right now. It's tedious, but it will (hopefully) pay off in the long run.
Admittedly, it's difficult to see the point in looking for internships this early, but it's important. This is when people are hiring. In fact, I've had to click away from several good-looking opportunities because the deadline was halfway through January. Is anyone looking for internships that early? (I suppose that is the point; the companies only want people who take the initiative to look for internships the day after Christmas).
Well, that's all I have for now. I know this is short, but I'm off to work on important things. Farewell.

No comments:

Post a Comment