Monday, May 5, 2014

On Modes of Storytelling

As the semester draws to a close, my attention, like many other peoples', is turning to summer plans. I'll be honest: I don't really have many.  The biggest claim on my time is going to be summer school - a total of eight hours a week for six weeks, not counting study time.  That's not a lot of hours.  What else am I going to do?  I'll have plenty of time for studying, but I'll need to do things that aren't studying and knitting, for fear of losing my mind.  (not that it isn't already gone, or anything).

Soooooo that leads me to the next point.  I'm an English major.  By definition, words are kind of my thing.  I'm thinking that at least one other thing that could occupy my time is BLOGGING!  Before you get excited about MORE POSTS FROM ME (I dearly hope that you were getting excited), the type of blogging that I was thinking about is a weird one that might not work.  For those of you familiar with the Lizzie Bennet Diaries, a popular YouTube series, the project I have in mind would be in a similar vein, but the main character would be a blogger, not a vlogger.  The only issue with it is that I have a tendency to write fantasy; as a rule, fantasy worlds tend to not agree with tech-based worlds.  That would be the biggest obstacle.

I'm sure other people have done this, but I don't know who. This is an idea that I am positing to my readers (all two of you. Hi, mom and dad!). What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment