Friday, May 9, 2014

On Final Essays and Stuff

Well, the end of the semester is nearing. Since I am an English major, this means ESSAYS AND PRESENTATIONS! YAY!

Well, not really.  I like writing, but academia and I have an understanding; if I get assigned a paper longer than ten pages, we will be very terse with each other until the paper is done.  (Academia and I are not really talking right now; I have a maximum of 33 pages due over the course of finals week).

Anyway, in an attempt to make myself feel better, there's a blog called lol my thesis (find it here), where college seniors writing essays submit the easy version of their thesis - in other words, the simple and humorous way they would talk about it with someone who's not in their major. This includes things from "If we nuked each other, we'd really miss the soccer rivalry" ("Scientific Communities, Nuclear Energy, and the State in Brazil and Argentina, 1950-1991") to "Nobody's done this before, and it turns out that there is a very good reason for that" ("Development of an Interdisciplinary Simulation Environment for Traffic Safety Modeling").

In this vein, I present to you my final papers in History 101 and King Arthur in Literature: "Women are important because we don't suck and we all realized that in 1960s" and "I just really wanted an excuse to look up types of weapons" (I'm talking about shields and Excalibur in King Arthur). I really need to stop procrastinating on that.  On that note, I'm going to go write and stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment