Sunday, August 11, 2013

The Second Adventure

Well, it's nearly the end of the summer, and I'm once again off to a wild and awesome place.  This time, I'm going to Istanbul, Turkey.  I'm almost repeating what I did at the beginning of the summer in reverse: I finished finals, sprinted home for two nights and the day in between, and then raced off to Peru for two weeks.  Now, I'm heading off to Turkey for two weeks, then staying at home for two nights and the day in between, and racing off to school to help with freshman move-in.  Funny how that works out.

Anyhow, I'm sorry I haven't posted too much during August (and the fact that I haven't posted much lately in general).  I'll try to work on that as the semester starts up again.  I'm going to do the same thing that I did for Peru: I'm keeping a journal (the same journal with the quotes that I used in Peru), and then typing it up here.  Hopefully it'll all work out.  This time, I've been asked to do a video as well.  AFS, the organization that helped plan the trip, is a foreign exchange program - they help students go to year-long study abroad programs (a good friend of mine just got back from doing a year in Germany), as well as group programs.  Since AFS hasn't yet done a group trip to Turkey, we're the guinea pigs, and I've been asked to maybe do a video about it.  So... yeah.  I'll be doing that as well.

Unfortunately, we're doing a flight at 11:30 PM, which means I need to eat, shower, take out my contact lenses, and prepare for ADVENTURE!!!!!!!!!!!

(Also, my mom gets to go to Troy while the non-adults are doing home-stays. I'm exceptionally jealous of her, but whatever. I'll get over it. Eventually.)

No comments:

Post a Comment