Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Back at School

Well, I'm back for another semester of school, which is exciting but saddening.  It's been an AMAZING summer, and I've had some incredible adventures.  I wouldn't want summer to end if it meant I could go to a bunch of amazing places all the time.

But summer isn't eternal this far above the equator, so fall must come and with it, school.  It's nice to see my friends and my brothers again, even though it means that I'm going to have to, you know, go to class, do homework, and study.  The usual stuff.

Of course, that also means that I get to see my friends again, and that I get to devote a lot of weekend time to service with my fraternity and DnD on Saturdays.  It means I get to watch Sci-Fi on Fridays and have an excuse to be a hooligan (we are college students, after all).

Fall means NaNoWriMo and impending cold weather; it means school and the ending of warm times.  I don't think anything is truly bad, so I can't say I hate fall or winter; I would just really prefer for it to be spring or summer a lot of the year.  That would be great.

But, alas, I am back at school, in my new dorm, still improperly unpacked.  My roommate doesn't move in until Saturday, so I have an excuse to be a bit of a slob until then (I probably shouldn't be a slob, though, because that probably means I'll just have to clear it all up later).  At any rate, I'm here, whether I like it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment