Saturday, March 23, 2013

It's odd...

Coming back home is, once again, an odd feeling.  I think it'll grow more and more odd until, finally, I just give up and start coming home more and more irregularly.  (I think that's what my brother has started to do).

This is also the first college break I've had where I've got plans for at least half of the week (not all-day plans, just afternoon/ evening ones), but it's strange nonetheless.  It's also the only time I've come home and all of my high school friends are also on break, so there goes me visiting my school before May.  Nonetheless, it's strange to come back and have fun stuff to do.  That never happened in high school - I either had a rehearsal or I had an afternoon of homework.

I think that's one way college has changed my look on things - in high school, if someone asked if I wanted to do something on a Wednesday at around 8:00, I would tell them I had homework and secretly wonder why they wanted to get together on a Wednesday night.  Who does stuff on Wednesdays?  Now, I can if I want to.  That's partly the benefit of not having class until 9:50 on Tuesdays and Thursdays, but it's also the benefit of not having class after 12:30 on Wednesdays.  If I'm not done with at least most of my homework by 8:00, I'm doing something wrong (that 'something wrong' could be procrastinating, and it usually is).
Now, I have no class at all, but I do have some homework.  I really don't like break work, though I guess it's a necessary evil.  There could be worse things in life, like not having proper food and heating and whatnot.

No comments:

Post a Comment