Sunday, December 30, 2012

resolutions of the new year

As 2012 rushes to its close, the time of resolving to do stuff next year is nigh.  I have thought for all of five minutes about what I shall resolve to do in 2013 (maybe less than that), and I have concluded that I shall do the following things:

1. I will work out more. I'm going to Maccu Piccu in May; I need all the exercise I can get.
2. I will complete some big knitting or crocheting project.  Why not?
3. I will finish writing as many of my current novels as possible.  There are at least half a dozen lying around without endings (and one without two scenes).  I will finish and type those in 2013.

That is my rather short list that I will probably add to at some point.

But the main topic here is that of the journey of the resolution. I mean, you cannot expect to write half a dozen novels (or end them, rather), without learning something.  You can't go to the gym every day without pushing your endurance, even a little bit.  I've always had issues with going to the gym because I'm always scared that people will laugh at my extensive inability to properly use the machines.  But I've realized that nobody at the gym gives a crap about what you're doing there, as long as it doesn't interfere with what they're doing there.  That in itself is a bit of a journey.

So, dear readers, of which there are probably very few, what sort of resolution journeys will you be embarking on in two days?

No comments:

Post a Comment