Friday, January 3, 2014

On the New Year and Blogging and Stuff

So, as many of you know, it's 2014 now!  Huzzah!

With the new year comes new resolutions, and I am no exception to the habit of Making New Resolutions.  I'm also no exception to Failing by Day Two.  (I'm trying to be healthier, but I had chocolate this morning.  More than is healthy).

The resolution that is most relevant to the blog is the following:
I have resolved to blog more, and with some sort of regularity.  After giving it the thought of five whole minutes, I've decided that the best schedule - at least for spring semester - is to write two (or maybe sometimes three) days a week: on Monday and Friday and sometimes Wednesday.  It's going to be hard to pull this off in January, because I'll be in Turkey and Greece for three weeks, but I'm going to do the best I can.  I'll be typing a lot during the first week of J-term, and a lot of that will be for the blog.  Hopefully I'll be able to get ahead and do enough to last the whole three weeks!

The exceptions to the MWF schedule will during NaNoWriMo (wherein I will post daily... or try to, anyway) and whenever I return from abroad and decide to post my journal.  I should probably resolve to finish typing up my old Turkey journals, too, but that is for another time.

The other resolutions I have made, aside from Being Healthier (run more, eat more salads, etc) and Blogging More, are to knit more and find an internship for the summer (or a job for the semester).  I'm planning to apply to be an RA, but the applications don't open for another month or so. If possible, I'd also like to write more, but that's something that is somewhat a part of Blogging More.

So that's it for now. See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment